Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Family Reunion 2012


Recently, my girl and I traveled to Cedar City, UT for the Hatch family reunion. Although I was a little nervous to meet the other side of the family (I'm more acquainted with her mom's side), I was also pretty excited. I had never been to a family reunion before; I had only seen them on television sitcoms, so I really wasn't sure what to expect.

Good times were had by all, though. It was hot as hell, but we enjoyed ourselves nonetheless. I had a lot of fun meeting more of the extended family and they were all really nice and welcoming. We even played games together! In fact, my girl is playing horseshoes in the above picture. I love that I caught her throw in mid-air... the horseshoe is all Matrix-y in this shot.

Since I come from a fairly small family, it's nice that my partner has a much larger family. It's even better that I seem to belong in her family. Honestly, after my last relationship, I wanted my partner to have a good family. It means a lot to me that I'm included in the family activities and gatherings.

Oh, and we even got t-shirts for this reunion. Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment