Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

R.I.P. Lennox



Despite an international petition to save his life, Lennox the dog was euthanized on 07/11/12.

What really hit my heart was that the council rejected his owner's request to be present when he was euthanized. Instead, his owner will receive Lennox's ashes by mail. Lennox died alone. His owner wasn't even permitted to be there, to comfort him in his last moments alive. How messed up is that? Sounds like a cowardly, petty decision by the government.

The whole "war against pitbulls" just sickens me. It seems as though humanity selects a new breed to harass every decade or so. In the 1990s, when I was younger, I remember everyone focusing on rottweilers and how "violent" they were. Oddly enough, I have never met an aggressive rottweiler. These days, the focus is on pitbulls. Why? A dog isn't born with violence in its blood. A dog is shaped by its environment and upbringing, just like a person. Singling out pitbulls is the canine equivalent of racial profiling.

Sickening.

I'm so sorry, Lennox. You didn't deserve this.

For more of his story, you can visit the Save Lennox Campaign Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment