Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

"Horse Piss"


A friend of mine recently posed the following question on Facebook: what crazy misconceptions or lies did you believe as a kid (or heck, up until recently)?

Her question reminded me of something that I sincerely believed as a child. When I was very little, I remember asking my dad about beer. His usual response was that beer was "horse piss." Being very young, and taking his words literally, I spent several years of my childhood believing that beer was literally horse piss.

As you can imagine, I conjured up some strange mental pictures when I imagined the whole process of "making" and bottling beer.

In reality, there is an actual horse piss beer.

On a side note, I wouldn't recommend using Google to search for humorous "horse piss" images. The results were anything but humorous. I think my eyes are going to melt.

Thanks for the bizarre childhood tales, dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment