Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I Survived Finals: Spring 2013 Edition

Assigned reading... minus the huge stack of journal articles.
Somehow, I survived the end of the semester. Of course, in doing so, I also utilized all of my brain's power and had nothing left to fuel my creativity. It's only been about a month since my last update, and yet so much has happened in the world. I've wanted to comment on a lot of it, but the funny thing about the end of the semester is that it really does sap every spare ounce of energy and creativity you may have. That energy, that creative spark, are all focused on one thing: survival.

Although I'm relieved by the end of the semester, I also feel a bit lost. I've grown so accustomed to being busy that it's strange to have more free time. Naturally, I've already filled the void by enrolling in a free Harvard course and indulging in hobbies like gardening. Boxing and Muay Thai also help to fill that void, even though they often leave me feeling pretty sore in the process. It's a good kind of sore, though... and a GREAT way to relieve stress.

Professionally, I'm also starting to focus more on my freelance career. Namely, I've been building a portfolio to present to potential clients. I've also been collecting letters of reference that I can supply upon request. With any luck, this summer will be an excellent time to boost my qualifications and earn some extra money while doing so.

Of course, I'll also start blogging once again. This blog something else that I can add to my portfolio, yes, but it's also a great way to relieve stress, explore my thoughts/emotions, and comment on world events. I'd like to explore some other blogs, too, and see what interesting things are being said by members of the online community.

Carpe Diem! ...Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment