Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Re-Posting from Autistic Speaks

Because this blog is very well written.

A lot of the things the author mentions in this post really describe some of my own feelings. I'm fortunate to have some very good friends in my life, people who have been by my side for well over a decade. They love me unconditionally, in spite of my flaws, and I return the sentiment wholeheartedly.

Sometimes, getting to the point where I can feel comfortable and forge a meaningful relationship with someone is the real obstacle. Especially in Utah, where my anxiety always seems to be high due to painful experiences in my past. That anxiety has decreased significantly in recent years, but it's still there and it still has an effect on me. People also act a lot differently in Utah than they do in Louisiana. I feel like most southern folks are more laid-back and "warm" than folks around here. Maybe that puts me at ease.

Her post is definitely worth reading. Very insightful and thought-provoking.

No comments:

Post a Comment