Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Are You Smarterer?

Owls are smart

One of the most recent campaigns that I've been involved with through BzzAgent is for Smarterer, a website that basically allows you to take tests on a variety of subjects in order to determine how "smart" you are. It sounds simple, but it's strangely addicting; once I finished the initial BzzAgent test, I branched out and explored many of the other tests on the site. Not surprisingly, I'm a "Master" of all things grammar-related. I'm also not ashamed to admit my mastery of video games and random 80s trivia. I'd like to take the basic math test, but honestly I'm afraid of what my score might reveal- math has never been my strong point.

Although Smarterer.com is a fun website, it does have one minor flaw: questions are written and submitted by users, which means that questions may be poorly worded (difficult to understand) or the answers may be incorrect. You can always report the question as being good or bad, but it's frustrating nonetheless to lose points from your score because you couldn't understand the question, or because the author provided the wrong answer.

The points system is a little hard to understand, too; sometimes you lose a few points, sometimes you lose many points. I haven't figured out the rhyme or reason behind the scoring system. It sucks that one wrong answer can really mess up your score and that subsequent questions may not offer you much chance of redemption.

All in all, this is a fun website to play around with. You can demonstrate your knowledge of various subjects and even learn a few new things while doing so. Check it out if you have time to spare!

No comments:

Post a Comment