Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Home Grown


It's FINALLY starting to warm up in Utah! One of my favorite things about this time of year is growing my own vegetables. Well, I live in an apartment right now, so technically I borrow my parents' yard for my agricultural pursuits. My parents have more time to spend on gardening, but I like to pitch in whenever I can.

For the past few years, my parents have experimented with growing a variety of vegetables. My favorite? The tomatoes. Their tomatoes taste so much better than the tomatoes we buy in the stores during the rest of the year. Maybe it's the lack of pesticides, maybe it's because they were planted/tended with a little more TLC, or maybe it's a combination of both. Whatever the reason, I can't wait for the tomatoes to ripen.

It's the little things...

No comments:

Post a Comment