Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Fun with Taxes


Oddly enough, I love tax season. This is probably because I tend to get a nice refund instead of owing money. Yeah, owing money would suck. Right now, since I don't owe money to the government, tax season is kind of like another Christmas or something. It's too bad that I can't claim Skippy as a dependent; that earned income credit is certainly tempting.  

So, what did I do with my tax refund? Well, I did the responsible thing and paid some bills. I also put some of it towards our trip to New Orleans in March. I still have some of it in my bank account, believe it or not; once I've created a nice little buffer for myself, I plan to splurge on a new iPod. My old one finally died after many years of service. I'm thinking an iPod touch may be in my future...
In a lame, adult kind of way, I'm proud of myself for creating a small financial buffer. It's nowhere near the six month emergency fund that I hope to accumulate, but it's a good start. My financial situation is much better these days, and I'm grateful for that. I put a lot of hard work into creating this situation for myself; happily, it's paid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment